Stöbern ...

1. Mai 2014

Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock, time flies ....

Yes I am still alive! 
I am probably the worst blogger ever but the last four months were just  crazy busy! I literally spent all my time dancing, stretching or in school. The American way of life is awesome but also exhausting. 
I'm going to summarize everything that happened in the last months. That is, if I remember everything - so let's get started!

I think I stopped somewhere around January so that's where I'm going to start. Like in Germany we had two weeks of Christmas break before school started again on January 6th and that meant it was finally here: competition season! Looking back now that's what January mostly consisted of, oh, and exams luckily I was exempt in most of my classes, which meant I only had to take my Algebra 2 and English final - I made a 98 on both of them! 
The last weekend of January we left school early on friday to drive down to San Antonio, which is a beautiful city right by a river. We arrived in the evening and I had my first dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Unbelievable that it took me five months to eat Mexican food in Texas but hey, better late than never, right? I definitely enjoyed it, but even better was the atmosphere between all the dancers. Maybe it was the thrill of our first competition, but we all felt so close! After eating we took pictures and danced to a band/singer, who was singing almost exclusively for us. It was so much fun!
The next morning, however was extremely stressful. We had to get up early to get costume, make up and hair ready. Since it was our first competition no one really knew what we wanted and "high buns" were taken a little bit to seriously. It took us several hours but in the end we all were bathed in hairspray, bobby pins, lipstick and blush (ain't it fun to be a girl?) and we drove to the Spurs stadium. Before we had to perform we got to see some of the other teams perform, and holy cow! There were some routines that were absolutely amazing! Sadly we didn't get to see a whole bunch because we had to start stretch and then perform! 
I'm going to spare you with all the details and am just going to say that we did good, but were no where near the four winning teams, which was never our goal anyways. We got a sweepstakes which means we got 85 or more and most importantly we all had FUN! We spent the rest of the day going back to the hotel, changed, had dinner at Applebee's and then came back for the Spurs game. It was my first professional basketball game to watch and I enjoyed it a lot! The entertainment between the actual game is probably the best part, but it was pretty cool the see them win. The two teams who performed during half time (they both had kick routines) made me so jealous! Their kicks where high, pointed, straight and everything else a dancer wants them to be! 
Sunday, we had to leave earlier than we wanted to because bad weather was about to hit Whitney and Texans are very paranoid about their "bad weather". At least we got to stop at BJ's which is now my favorite restaurant!


Sista's Cydi & Yesi 


Ready for competition!





I'm going to write about February tomorrow!
Thanks for reading <3 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen